New Health and Safety Measures for Fitness Facility Use
Updated July 28, 2020
- Scheduling for all exercise sessions will be done through the Fitli scheduling app or website.
- Exercise sessions will be 45 minutes with a 15 minute closed cleaning time each hour.
- Patrons can only sign up for 1 cardio OR weight session each day.
- Patrons can sign up for 1 cardio or weight session AND a swim session in the same day, but not cardio AND weights.
- Patrons must check-in with staff and present their current BYUH or PCC ID. The name on the ID must match the name on the reservation. No ID, no entry, no exceptions.
- If a patron fails to arrive in the first 5 minutes of the session, the people on the waitlist will be alerted and it will be first-come-first serve for those patrons.
- Maximum patron capacity per exercise session will be 5 patrons in the pool, 10 patrons for the fitness center cardio room, and 15 patrons for the weight room.
- All patrons will have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer prior to their exercise session. Their temperature must be less than 100.40 F to use any fitness facility.
- Patrons must not be sick, have a runny nose, fever or cough prior to entering or using any fitness facility.
- Patrons must bring their own workout clothes and towels for the pool and fitness center.
Fitness Center- Weights & Cardio Rooms
- Per the governor’s recent mandate, face masks must be worn at all times in the fitness center. No exceptions.
- Due to the close proximity of the equipment, patrons will be asked keep one empty piece of equipment between them and another patron. They may not workout on a piece of equipment next to another person even if they are in the same household.
- All patrons must keep 6’ of physical distance between themselves and other patrons and staff.
- No overhead lifts or squats will be allowed at this time to maintain the safety of our workers and patrons.
- Upon arrival, patrons will check-in with staff and present their ID.
- Patrons will use hand sanitizer before entering and upon leaving the cardio and weight rooms.
- Each patron will be given their own spray bottle of disinfectant and a clean towel. They will be required to spray and wipe down the equipment they use throughout their session. Additionally, one staff member will be walking through the cardio and weight rooms regularly cleaning frequently touched surfaces and equipment.
- Patrons must bring their own water bottle. The drinking fountain in the fitness center will only be used to refill bottles as this is a touch-free service.
- Patrons must also bring their own towel. The fitness center will no longer provide patrons a towel when they check-in.
- Staff must wear masks and may wear gloves if they chose.
The Issue Room will not be open. Faculty locker rooms will be open for changing and showering. Student locker rooms will remain closed until further notice.